SEO | 7 Best Practices for Video
Recently, I attended a meetup event with Adam Levy of LDRK Media in Round Rock, TX. The topic was SEO of video. Maybe you thought SEO of video happened naturally? Well there are 7 best practices that you can use immediately on your video content on YouTube.
1) the first word in your title is a keyword for SEO,
2) the first 170 characters in your description requires a link to your website and includes your keyword,
3) transcribe your entire video and post,
4) have a clear call to action for the viewer of your video,
5) use the annotation feature,
6) include your website address in the annotation and on the screen at the end of the video,
7) and you need 15 people to comment and post on your video.
These items will move your video up in the ranks on Google. Great content is key to your success. Remember, you have 8 seconds to get their attention to watch the entire video.